Origin of SYNEXXUS
Combining Synergy and Nexus
So where did the name of the company come from?
SYN•EXX•US is derived from combining the terms synergy and nexus.
n. pl. synergy or syn•er•gies
1. The interaction of two or more agents or centers of action so that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.
2. Cooperative interaction among groups that creates an enhanced combined effect.
n. pl. nexus or nex•us•es
1. A means of connection, link or tie associating two or more people or things.
2. A group or series of connected individuals or things.
3. The core, center or focus of something.
4. A specialized area of the cellular membrane that helps cells to communicate or adhere.
From these denotations the definition of SYNEXXUS emerged as…
“An adaptive network of interactive connections combined to create a central effect… greater than the sum of individual actions.”